The Owen Sound Attack is one of the premier organizations in the Canadian Hockey League, playing in front of a sold out and frenzied Harry Lumley Bayshore Community Centre on a nightly basis.
Settled on the banks of Georgian Bay, the home of the Attack seats 3010 people.
This crowd support is well deserved, for an organization that captured the 2011 J. Ross Robertson Cup as OHL Champions. Since 2010, the Attack have had 27 players drafted into the NHL, 4th most across the entire Canadian Hockey League. Beginning in the 2010-11 championship season, the Owen Sound Attack have won at least 30 games every season, one of 4 CHL teams to reach this milestone.
The reputation of the Bayshore, its fans, and the atmosphere it creates for players, as well as the allure of playing Major Junior Hockey in Owen Sound has been well documented, with Sportsnet’s award winning author Gare Joyce taking notice.
— Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) December 6, 2017
It is of upmost importance to the Owen Sound Attack Hockey Club that all of our prospects are placed in environments that will allow them to develop their skills as a hockey player and citizen.
The Owen Sound Attack Hockey Club Provides each player, outside of their Student-Athlete Packages, the following:
- Accommodations at a local Billet home with a caring family in the community
- First class dressing room and training facilities inside of the Harry Lumley Bayshore Community Centre
- An Educational Consultant that will help guide your child through the process of choosing classes, Post Secondary options as well as through the course load of a High School year.
- Two hours of ice-time daily (sometimes more) with full-time, professional coaches
- Specialized coaching in the areas of Skills, Power Skating, Strength & Conditioning and Goaltending Coaches.
- A full-time Athletic Therapist to ensure your child’s medical needs are of top priority
- A stable and caring, community minded Ownership Group
- The security and peace of mind of your child maturing and growing in a true, tight knit hockey community