The Pats recommend that you review this Policy in its entirety and revisit it periodically, as it may change from time-to-time at the sole discretion of the Pats.
The Pats are responsible for personal information in our possession or under our control. The Pats designated Privacy Officer is Tamara Ruzic, who is responsible for our organization’s compliance with applicable privacy legislation. The Privacy Officer’s contact information is as follows:
Ms. Tamara Ruzic
Privacy Officer and Legal Counsel
Brandt Group of Companies
Box 3856, Highway #1 East
Regina, SK S4P 3R8
- Data Collection
- Profile Data. We collect information or content you provide to us in connection with an account or profile, such as when you register for an account, create a profile, participate in our programs, fill out a form, or use the Pats website or other services. Examples of profile data we may collect include your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, account login name and password, ID. The Pats will identify the purposes for which the Pats collect, use or disclose personal information at or before the time of collection. The purposes will be limited to those related to our business and to those that a reasonable person would consider appropriate. In most cases, these purposes will be clearly identified in writing. In other cases, depending on the circumstances, the purposes will be implied. For instance, when you purchase hockey tickets, you implicitly give us your consent to use and disclose your personal information to administer and deliver this service to you. If the Pats intend to use or disclose any personal information for purposes not previously identified, the Pats will identify this new purpose before such use or disclosure.
- Transaction Data. We collect transaction information related to the use of our Services or your purchases from the Pats. Examples of information collected include the type of products or services requested or provided, order details, delivery information, amount charged, payment method, credit card information, billing or shipping information, customization services for the Pats products, and information about any products or services you returned or exchanged with us. If you make a purchase, we work with third-party payment processors to collect and process your payment information.
- Communications Data. We collect information when you communicate with us or others on our Services, such as when you request additional information about products or services, interact with our customer service team or store associates, or sign up to receive our email newsletters or marketing messages. We also collect communications data when you interact with us on social media, such as by tagging us and/or our products or permitting us to follow your social media profile. Examples of such data may include your contact information, the date and time of your communications, online identifiers, social media profile, and the content of your communications.
- User Content. We collect any other information or content you provide to us, such as when provide design or product feedback, make other submissions to us, participate in any of our experiential offerings in our stores or at other locations sponsored by us, or use other features of our Services that may be offered from time to time, which may require the collection of certain personal data in order to utilize the features. Examples of user content may include information about your opinions, feedback, preferences, text, images, and any other personal data you choose to provide in your interactions with us.
- Device and Network Data. We collect certain information about the device you use to access our Services. Examples of such data include your device’s hardware model, browser type, IP address, operating system version, language settings, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion data, screen resolution, usage and traffic data, how your device interacts with the Services, network information, and mobile network data.
- Usage Data. We collect information about your activity on our Services via log files, cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. Examples of such data include your access dates and times, pages or screens viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the routes by which you access our Services, searches you conduct on the Services, information about your activity on a page or screen, app crashes and other system activity, your use of any hyperlinks available within our Services, information about your interactions with our emails, your Internet service provider (ISP), Mobile Advertising ID, media access control (MAC) address, and identifiers associated with browser cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies we deploy on our Services (for more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Cookies section below).
- Location Data. We collect precise or approximate location information in accordance with your device permissions. You may use our Services without enabling us to collect location data from your device, however, this may affect some functionality available in the Services. For example, you may need to manually enter an address to find a store near you if you have not enabled location data collection. We may also use technology in our retail locations to collect data about the presence of your device.
- USE OF DATA
We collect and use personal data for various purposes, including to:
- Provide Products and Services. Provide, administer, deliver, customize, support, maintain, and improve our products, events, services, and membership programs;
- Complete Transactions. Complete the transactions you request, perform our contractual obligations, including processing payments through third-party vendors, and as otherwise anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship;
- Manage Accounts. Create and manage your online accounts, profiles, and membership programs;
- Service Communications. Send communications related to your account, participation in membership programs, purchases, exchanges, and returns;
- Respond to You. Respond to your requests and any other communications from you, including to provide customer service;
- Advertising and Marketing. Send advertising or marketing communications about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by the Pats and others, and provide news and information that we believe may be of interest to you. Our marketing and advertising will be conducted in accordance with your advertising marketing preferences and as permitted by applicable law;
- Events and Offers. Offer, conduct, and administer events, classes, contests, prize draws, sweepstakes, and other promotions;
- Research and Development. Conduct research and development;
- Personalize Your Experience. Monitor, analyze, and audit your engagement with our brand and your interactions with our Services and online ads to better understand your interests and behaviors and customize your experience;
- Safety and Security. Detect and protect against malicious, deceptive, or illegal activity, including fraudulent transactions, error, negligence, and breach of contract, security incidents, and harm to the rights, property or safety of the Pats and our users, customers, employees, or others;
- Debug, identify, and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our Services;
- Corporate Transactions. We may process personal data in the context of corporate acquisitions, mergers, or other corporate transactions;
- Your Consent. We may process your personal data in accordance with your consent, intentional direction, or instructions;
- Comply with Legal Obligations. Comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, including our tax obligations and those related to the prevention of fraud and money laundering, and those required for you to benefit from rights recognized by law, or any regulatory requirements or provisions; and
- Reasonable Other Purposes. As permitted by applicable law, carry out certain short-term activities and other reasonable purposes related to the products or Services you purchase from us or your ongoing relationship with us. Where required by applicable law, the Pats will provide a notice of such data processing prior to using your personal data for such purposes.
- DISCLOSURE OF DATA
We share personal data for the purposes described below:
- With our Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We disclose your personal data with our holding company, subsidiaries, and affiliates for the purposes described in the “USE OF DATA” section above.
- With our Service Providers. We disclose personal data with unaffiliated companies or individuals we hire or work with that perform services on our behalf, including customer support, web hosting, information technology, payment processing, financing, product fulfilment, fraud control, marketing and database management, direct mail and email distribution, events, contest, sweepstakes and promotion administration, music integration, extended warranty services, and advertising and analytics services. These service providers have access to personal data needed to perform their services, but may not use it for other purposes.
- In Connection with a Corporate Transaction. Personal data may be disclosed or transferred as part of, or during negotiations of any purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation, or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving the Pats.
- With our Professional Advisors. We disclose personal data with our legal, financial, insurance, and other advisors in connection with the kinds of corporate transactions described above or in connection with the management of all or part of the Pats’ business or operations.
- With Your Consent or at Your Direction. We disclose personal data, such as profile data and communications data with third parties when we have your consent or direction to do so. For example, if you decide to participate in certain interactive areas or features of our events or Services, such as creating a public profile and posting your goals, you consent to the disclosure of this information to other users of our Services. We may also disclose your personal data with third parties, such as personal trainers, fitness studios, and providers of online booking tools, when you intentionally direct us to do so or when you use our Services to intentionally interact with third parties.
- Aggregated, Anonymized or De-identified Data. We may also disclose aggregated, anonymized, or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- DATA TRANSFER
We have operations and vendors in Canada, the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers, who perform work for us or act on our behalf may transfer your personal data to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. Where required by law, we provide adequate protection for the transfer of personal data in accordance with applicable law, such as by obtaining your consent, setting up contractual obligations with our service providers, relying on the European Commission’s adequacy decisions, or executing Standard Contractual Clauses. Where relevant, you may request a copy of these Standard Contractual Clauses by contacting our Privacy Officer. If you are a Quebec resident, this means your personal information may be transferred outside of Quebec. If you are a Quebec resident, your personal information may be transferred to disclosed to service providers located outside of Quebec.
- RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The Pats retain personal data in accordance with applicable law. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, the Pats will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal data we hold if such personal data is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected.
The Pats will make every reasonable effort to keep your information accurate, complete and up-to-date. In the event that you become aware of errors in your personal information, the Pats would very much appreciate you submitting appropriate notification and corrective information to the Pats. In such an event, the Pats will correct the information in their records and make reasonable efforts to communicate the error to any appropriate parties that the Pats were misinformed.
- MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by logging into your online account and changing your communications preferences. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
- COOKIES AND SIMILAR TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
- SECURITY AND SAFEGUARDS
In certain areas, such as when you provide credit card information to the Pats, the Pats work to help protect the security of your credit card information during transmission by using industry standard security encryption technology.
You can help protect the security of your personal information as well. For instance, never give out your password, since this is what is used to access your account or registration information. Also, remember to log out of your account and close your browser window when you finish using reginapats.com or patsstore.ca or surfing the Web, so that other people using the same computer won’t have access to your information.
- INDIVIDUAL ACCESS
The Pats will give you access to the information the Pats retain about you. Upon your request, you will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of your information. You may verify the accuracy and completeness of your information, and may request that it be amended, if appropriate. Simply send the Pats an e-mail at [email protected] or by mail at the address noted below and the Pats will look after your request.
In certain situations, the Pats may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information. For instance, if doing so would likely reveal personal information about another individual or any of the Pats confidential information. In such a case, the Pats will provide you with the reasons for denying your request.
Any information voluntarily provided to the Pats by patrons, such as a complaint, witness statement, or the like, will be held in confidence by the Pats, unless or until such time that the Pats are compelled to produce such information by law or regulatory body, or determines, in its sole discretion, that disclosing such information would be in the public interest.
- FOR MORE INFORMATION
Box 3856, Highway #1 East
Regina, SK S4P 3R8