The Barrie Colts Adopt a School program is a great fundraiser opportunity for local elementary schools. With 34 home games, we offer plenty of schools the chance to sell tickets to a Colts game, while raising funds for their schools.
How the Program Works
- Book your primary/secondary school night with the Barrie Colts, please contact Heidi Wilson ([email protected])
- Sell tickets to your designated game at $25.00 and receive a $6.00 donation back from every ticket sold (minimum 100 tickets).
- Collect money and ticket orders until the week prior to your game night. On the Monday before your game, contact our ticketing department at [email protected] or by phone at 705-737-6931 with your final ticket number.
- Please have the cheque made payable to Horsepower Sports & Entertainment Group Inc. for the full amount of tickets sold _____ x $23.00. (For example 102 tickets x $23.00 = $2,346.00. *HST is included in the $23.00 ticket cost)
- When your tickets are ready to be picked up you will be contacted and asked to bring the cheque into the Colts office, West Entrance of the Sadlon Arena where you also pick up your invoice.
- On the night of your game, your school will receive their fundraising cheque by picking it up at the Coltsport Store (West entrance). If you do not pick up your cheque the night of the game it will be mailed the following business day.
- The levels of fundraising are detailed below:
100+ tickets sold = $6 donation per ticket
75-99 tickets sold = $5 donation per ticket
50-74 tickets sold = $4 donation per ticket
Less than 50 = No donation
- Your school choir will have the opportunity to perform the national anthem at your game (30 students maximum on ice, no exceptions). Anthems must be pre-recorded onto a USB (preferred).
- Player Appearance Assembly: Two or more members of the Barrie Colts hockey team and Charlie Horse will visit your school approx. 2 weeks prior to your game for a 30-minute assembly. **(School must provide a teacher or student volunteer to be Charlie Horse for the assembly)
- You are asked to please provide a stage (if available), microphone, 4 chairs and 10 to 12 pre-determined questions from the students with a representative to read each one.
- On your game night your schools logo will be displayed throughout the game on the video board and will also be recognized for performing the anthem (if choir is available).
If all the “Primary” dates are booked for assemblies/anthems this program still offers to be a great fundraiser. Schools will still have the option to be a “secondary school” on any given night allowing them to sell tickets to the game as well as have their logo on the video board. Per year, the Barrie Colts donate an average of $60,000 back to schools in Simcoe County with the Adopt A School fundraising program.
Thank you for your interest in this program.