The Sarnia Sting in partnership with Lambton College are proud to offer complimentary parking in the general admission areas to all fans, employees and volunteers attending Sting home games at Progressive Auto Sales Arena. This privilege helps ensure that the Ontario Hockey League product in Sarnia remains an affordable opportunity for all.
In partnership with the Sting and the City of Sarnia, Lambton College parking authority reserves the right to enforce all rules as it pertains to parking on site. This includes the right to ticket, and in some scenarios, tow vehicles that are found to be in violation of the policy below.
To pay parking tickets or find answers to parking related inquiries, please contact:: Lambton College Parking Services.
(1) Permit Lots
1.1 Lot 13 and Lot 11 as shown on the map above are reserved lots on Sarnia Sting home game nights. Only vehicles with the designated VIP LOT 13 permits are eligible to access LOT 13 while vehicles with the designated CLUB LOT 11 permits are eligible to access LOT 11.
(2) Non-Game Night Parking
2.1 Those visiting Progressive Auto Sales Arena looking to visit the Box Office or The Honeypot Sting Store during regular business hours can park complimentary in the designated Box Office Parking spots located at the front of Lot 8.
(3) Violations & Penalties
3.1 User must follow all rules and regulations when parking on College property for Sting Game nights including but not limited to:
- Parking in designated parking positions indicated by painted markings. Users may not at any time park in other areas such as: greenspace, medians or roadways.
- Users may not block fire routes.
- Users parked in designated handicap spaces must present proper accessibility permits in their windshields.
- Users can not block exits or thruways of any kind.
- Users can not double park.
3.2 By parking in Lambton College parking lots, users further consent and give permission to the Ontario Ministry of Transportation to provide all registered owner information to Lambton College and its agents for the vehicle you are driving for the purpose of collecting unpaid parking fees. In addition to the unpaid parking fees, there will be a $32 fee for any vehicle that the College or its agents has to search for vehicle owner information.
3.3 By parking in Lambton College parking lots, and in accordance with the City of Sarnia’s Traffic and Parking By-Law #100 or 1996 any person found to be parking on Lambton College property with an unregistered vehicle is in contravention of this by-law and are subject to penalties under the provisions of the Provincial Offences Act and your account will be sent to collections.
3.4 Failure to comply with this policy, including without limitation, all parking and traffic rules and regulations of the College or any authority having jurisdiction enforceable on the College, on activities on College property or at the municipal location of the College property shall result in the College issuing a violation notice which may result in any or all of the following actions by the College:
- Issuance of a ticket,
- the tow away, impoundment, and storage of the vehicle at the owner’s sole risk, expense, and liability,
- revoking of parking privileges,
- the invocation of general law, including the Highway Traffic Act, the Trespass to Property Act and the City of Sarnia Parking By-Laws.
3.5 If a vehicle is towed, impounded, and stored by the College, such actions are at the owner’s sole risk, expense, and liability. All costs and charges associated with the towing of a vehicle from College property shall be the responsibility of the registered owner and/or operator of the vehicle removed from College property. No liability shall be attached to Lambton College or its agents for any damage caused during the towing operation. The College does not assume any responsibility or liability whatsoever for any damage, destruction, theft, or loss of any property, including a vehicle or the contents of a vehicle, or for injury or death of a person, howsoever caused from the towing, impoundment, or storage of a vehicle. Towing charges are in addition to any other fines or other sanctions levied by the College for violations under this policy.
- Upon the issue of a violation notice:
- the vehicle is subject to be towed,
- parking privileges may be suspended.
- Suspension of parking privileges will only be lifted upon successful appeal.
- Vehicles with three (3) unpaid parking violation notices, or an accumulated total of $100 in outstanding fines will not be granted parking privileges until payment of all fines. Vehicles parked on College property with an accumulated total of $150 in fines may be towed at the owner’s expense subject to terms and conditions outlined in section 28 of this policy. Where applicable, the outstanding parking fees will be placed on the individual’s college account. An email notice will be sent to the individual and the College will withhold documentation (e.g. transcripts) or registration in future terms until all unpaid balances are paid in full. Unpaid balances may be sent to collections.
- An appeal of a Parking Violation Notice can be made online through the Parking Services website.
1.1 Progressive Auto Sales Arena is a safe environment for all to enjoy live events. Abuse of any kind to fellow fans, employees, volunteers, players or referees will not be tolerated. Those found in violation of this may be asked to leave the event with no refund or exchange.
(2) Ineligible Items
2.1 The following are NOT permitted upon entry to any event at Progressive Auto Sales Arena/:
- outside food/beverages
- glass, plastic, or metal containers
- professional cameras or video and audio recording devices
- skateboards, scooters, or rollerblades
- weapons; including guns. knives, tasers or bats.
2.2 Spectators found with any of the above items will be asked to return these items to their vehicles or discard upon entry.
2.3 Those found in violation of this may be asked to leave the event with no refund or exchange.
2.4 Large bags, including but not limited to, backpacks and reusable bags are NOT permitted.
2.5 Gate staff reserve the right to inspect all bags for ineligible items.