MARKETING/COMMUNITY RELATIONS/PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN
The Seattle Thunderbirds Marketing/Community Relations/Public Relations intern will perform various tasks depending on the time of year but some responsibilities will include:
• Manage the T-Birds Summer Street Team and attend all community events the Street Team attends.
• Media guide and statistics research.
• Manage aspects of the T-Birds social media outreach on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn and mobile app.
• Manage aspects of the T-Birds website.
• Involved in the process of writing and proofing team press releases and team marketing materials.
• Media Relations Coordinator responsibilities in press box at home games at accesso ShoWare Center
• Public Relations Coordinator responsibilities in press box at home games at accesso ShoWare Center
• Implement and monitor marketing and public relations plans developed by T-Birds senior management.
• Member of the game-day promotion crew.
• Help with event planning for season and off-season events.
• Assisting with ticket mailings and season ticket holder outreach.
• Other special projects and administrative duties, as assigned.
Pursuit of Sport Management, Marketing, Communications or Public Relations degree is encouraged.
The ideal candidate must have great communication skills, be professional and be able to multi-task. Applicant must have proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Applicants with experience in video editing, graphic design and social media are encouraged to apply. Any experience working for a team, athletic department, or with a sporting event is beneficial.
The Thunderbirds accept applications for its Marketing/Community Relations/Public Relations Intern Program year-round. For off-season internships, the team reviews resumes and applicants in February and schedules interviews in March. For in-season internships, the team reviews resumes and applicants in July and schedules interviews in August.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Due to the high volume of emails the T-Birds will not be able to reply to every email application.
The Seattle Thunderbirds Hockey Club is happy to have high school or college students pursuing a career in sports job shadow a member of the Business Operations staff.
If a current student is interested in conducting a job shadow of a Business Operations staff member they need to have a school teacher or administrator email their interest to [email protected]. The teacher or administrator should use “Job Shadow” in the subject line of the email and indicate which school they are associated with and which staff member they would like to job shadow. The T-Birds ask that this be done to verify that the job shadow is in conjunction with required school studies.
The job shadow request will be sent to the appropriate staff member to determine the logistics of a possible job shadow. The T-Birds will make every effort to accommodate a job shadow request, but students should know that there could be times when a job shadow is not possible due to the team schedule or other logistics. We do not provide job shadows of our Hockey Operations Staff.