RECAP: Tigers swipe 4-1 victory from Rockets
The Kelowna Rockets finished their three-game Central Division road trip with a 4-1 loss to the Medicine Hat Tigers on Saturday night at Co-op Place in Medicine Hat, AB.
The Rockets set a new season low for shots on net registering just 14 shots, including only two in the second period.
Grady Lenton scored the lone goal of the game for Kelowna, finding the back of the net first for either team. Medicine Hat then responded with four straight goals.
Grady Lenton (2) let a shot go from the right faceoff circle just before the midway point of the opening frame to give the Rockets the first lead of the game. Oasiz Wiesblatt (15) beat Talyn Boyko as the horn sounded at the end of the first, but upon review, it was called a good goal with one second left.
Tyler MacKenzie (12) pushed Medicine Hat ahead 5:50 into the second period.
- Medicine Hat outshot Kelowna 31-14
- The Rockets were 0/2 on the power play, while the Tigers were 0/3
- Carson Golder was the game’s first star, Tyler MacKenzie was the second andOasiz Wiesblatt was the third star
- The Rockets record is now 12-14-3-0
- Talyn Boyko stopped 27 of the 31 shots he faced, his record moves to 6-7-1-0
- This was the only meeting between Kelowna and the Tigers this season
The Rockets are now off for the holiday break, they’ll return to action on December 27 when they host the Kamloops Blazers at Prospera Place.
Single-game tickets for all Rockets home games are on sale at Select Your Tickets. Tickets can be purchased online through www.selectyourtickets.com, at the Prospera Place box office, or by phone at 250-762-5050.