RECAP: T-Bird blank Rockets 2-0
The Seattle Thunderbirds blanked the Kelowna Rockets 2-0 on Saturday night at the accesso ShoWare Center in Kent, WA
Seattle, the number-one-ranked team in the CHL, took down the Rockets for the second consecutive night. Last night the two met at Prospera Place where they defeated Kelowna 4-1.
Both teams penalty kill units were busy hitting the ice five times each, neither team was able to capitalize on the man advantage.
The two held each other off until the third period when Jeremy Hanzel (7) put a rebound past Rockets starter Talyn Boyko 7:55 into the final frame while the two were playing four-on-four. Sawyer Mynio (3) added the insurance marker with under five minutes to go.
- Seattle outshot Kelowna 35-18
- The Rockets were 0/5 on the power play, while the Thunderbirds were 0/5
- Scott Ratzlaff was the game’s first star, Gracyn Sawchyn was the second and Talyn Boyko was the third star
- The Rockets record is now 12-18-3-0
- Talyn Boyko made 33 shots on 35 saves
- This was the final game of the season series, with Seattle winning all four games
The next Rockets home game is Tuesday, January 3rd when the Victoria Royals visit Prospera Place. It will also be a Fan First Menu night with $2 hot dogs and $5-$6 options from Blue Ribbon. The Fan First Menu is available at all Monday to Wednesday regular season games.
Single-game tickets for all Rockets home games are on sale at Select Your Tickets. Tickets can be purchased online through www.selectyourtickets.com, at the Prospera Place box office, or by phone at 250-762-5050.