RECAP: Rockets fall in overtime to the Giants
The Kelowna Rockets fell 3-2 in overtime to the Vancouver Giants on Saturday night at the Langley Events Centre in Langley, BC.
Jackson DeSouza’s shot hit a defender dropped right in front of Carson Golder (10) to put the Rockets on the board first just before the midway point of the opening frame.
- Vancouver outshot Kelowna 31-29
- The Rockets were 0/5 on the power play, while the Giants were 1/5
- Andrew Cristall was the game’s first star, Samuel Honzek was the second and Jaden Lipinski was the third star
- The Rockets record is now 10-13-3-0
- Jari Kykkanen stopped 28 of the 31 shots he faced, his record moves to 5-6-2-0
- Kelowna will face Vancouver again on January 20 in Langley
The Rockets will host their Tim Hortons Family Skate tomorrow (Sunday, December 11) at Prospera Place from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm. Fans are to enter through gate one, admission to the event is a donation of a non-perishable food item for the Central Okanagan Food Bank. Skates must be worn to enter the ice surface, please note that there is no skate rental or skate sharpener on site.
The Rockets will then hit the road for a three-game road trip that will see them make stops in Swift Current, Lethbridge and Medicine Hat before heading into the holiday break.
Kelowna’s next home game is December 27 when they host the Kamloops Blazers.
Single-game tickets for all Rockets home games are on sale at Select Your Tickets. Tickets can be purchased online through www.selectyourtickets.com, at the Prospera Place box office, or by phone at 250-762-5050.