RECAP: Peskett scores teddy bear toss goal in loss to Royals
The Victoria Royals spoiled the Kelowna Rockets Teddy Bear Toss night downing them 3-2 at Prospera Place in Kelowna, BC on Friday night.
Former Rockets forward Jake Pool earned first-star honours after he recorded a goal and an assist. Nicholas Cristiano, also a former Rocket, stopped 31 of the 33 shots he faced on the night.
Sixteen-year-old rookie Logan Peskett recorded his first WHL goal, netting the ninth Teddy Bear Goal in Rockets franchise history.
Overage forward Alex Thacker (4) got the Royals on the board 1:33 into the game, Tanner Scott (5) then quickly added another goal moments later. Twenty-year-old Jake Poole (16) pushed Victoria out to a three-goal lead while on the power play.
Logan Peskett (1) cut across the ice, ripping a shot past Cristiano to make the bears come down with 5:05 to play in the second period.
Max Graham (5) pulled Kelowna within one on a breakaway 8:18 into the final frame.
We're pretty sure Colton Dach was the only person who picked Logan Peskett to score the Teddy Bear Toss goal tonight. pic.twitter.com/uhpMb1pqET
— Kelowna Rockets (@Kelowna_Rockets) December 10, 2022
- Kelowna outshot Victoria 33-30
- The Rockets were 0/1 on the power play, while the Royals were 1/3
- Jake Poole was the game’s first star, Logan Peskett was the second and Max Graham was the third
- The Rockets record is now 10-13-2-0
- Talyn Boyko made seven saves of ten shots before being pulled after the first period.
- Jari Kykkanen stopped all 20 shots he faced in the second and third periods after replacing Boyko
- Kelowna will see Victoria next on January 3rd when they visit Prospera Place
The Rockets will be back in action on Saturday, December 10 when they hit the road to face the Vancouver Giants.
Kelowna’s next home game is December 27 when they host the Kamloops Blazers.
Single-game tickets for all Rockets home games are on sale at Select Your Tickets. Tickets can be purchased online through www.selectyourtickets.com, at the Prospera Place box office, or by phone at 250-762-5050.