RECAP: Giants power play sinks Rockets
The Kelowna Rockets fell 3-1 to the Vancouver Giants on Friday night at the Langley Events Centre in Langley, BC.
Kelowna got on the board first, but the Giants power play pushed ahead with a pair of goals in the second period.
Adam Kydd was named the game’s third start after posting the Rockets lone goal and a team-high seven shots on net. Goaltender Talyn Boyko made 35 saves on 38 shots.
Following up his drive to the Giants net, Adam Kydd (14) got the Rockets on the board first with the lone goal of the opening frame.
Brenden Pentecost’s (4) shot through traffic deflected off of the Rockets and past starter Talyn Boyko with just over five minutes to go in the game.
- Vancouver outshot Kelowna 38-32
- Jesper Vikman was the game’s first star, Tyler Thorpe was the second and Adam Kydd was the third star
- The Rockets record is now 14-26-3-0
- Andrew Cristall, Ty Hurley, John Babcock and Marek Rocak all missed the game due to injury or illness
- Marcus Pacheco and Gabriel Szturc both appeared in their 100th WHL game
The two will meet again tomorrow (Saturday) night at Prospera Place at 7:05 pm. Single-game tickets for all Rockets home games are on sale at Select Your Tickets. Tickets can be purchased online through www.selectyourtickets.com, at the Prospera Place box office, or by phone at 250-762-5050.