RECAP: Adam Kydd records three points in Rockets 3-1 win over Americans
The Kelowna Rockets closed out their five-game homestand with their third consecutive win, picking up a 3-1 victory over the Tri-City Americans at Prospera Place on Sunday afternoon.
Adam Kydd passed the puck to an awaiting Carson Golder (23) in the slot while on the power play.
Trae Johnson’s centring feed to Turner McMillen (7) 1:38 into the third period pushed the Rockets ahead for the first time in the game. Adam Kydd (16) added an insurance goal minutes later. Forty-five seconds later Marek Rocak (1) scored his first WHL goal after missing the Rockets last ten games with an upper-body injury.
- Both teams recorded 24 shots on net
- Adam Kydd was the game’s first star, Marek Rocak was the second and Andrew Cristall was the third star
- Kelowna was 0/4 on the power play, while the Americans were 1/3 on the man advantage
- The Rockets record is now 20-30-3-0
- Caden Price played in his 100th WHL game
Kelowna will head to Alberta later this week, they’ll face the Edmonton Oil Kings on Friday, Red Deer Rebels on Saturday and the Calgary Hitmen on Sunday.
Single-game tickets for all Rockets home games are on sale at Select Your Tickets. Tickets can be purchased online through www.selectyourtickets.com, at the Prospera Place box office, or by phone at 250-762-5050.