Preview: Rockets set to wrap up prairie road swing
The Kelowna Rockets will be looking to finish off their eastern road trip on a high note this weekend.
Kelowna will face the Regina Pats tomorrow night (5:00 pm PST) before moving on to take on the Moose Jaw Warriors (5:00 pm PST).
The Rockets are coming off of a 3-1 loss to the Winnipeg ICE last night, snapping their four-game win streak and nine-game point streak.
The ICE froze us out tonight.
— Kelowna Rockets (@Kelowna_Rockets) December 12, 2019
Regina fell 4-2 to the Kamloops Blazers last night, Kamloops is also in the midst of their prairie road trip.
Moose Jaw will hit the road Friday night to take on the Brandon Wheat Kings before returning home to host the Rockets on Saturday.
Kelowna will once again be without forwards Nolan Foote (World Junior Championship Camp), Hamaliuk (illness), Topping (lower body), Kindree (upper body).
Hamaliuk has been diagnosed with a virus. “He’s under the care of team doctors, who have shut him down to give him time to recover,” said Rockets president and general manager Bruce Hamilton.
Hamilton also provided injury updates on Kyle Topping (lower body) and Liam Kindree (upper body).
“Liam has been undergoing rehab and has resumed skating this week. Kyle’s also undergoing rehab, and he’s progressing well.”
B.C. Division Standings
|5||Prince George Cougars||29||6||20||1||2||15|
East Division Standings
|1||Prince Albert Raiders||30||19||7||3||1||42|
|4||Brandon Wheat Kings||31||13||15||1||2||29|
|5||Moose Jaw Warriors||27||10||16||1||0||21|
2019-2019 Season Series vs Regina Pats: 1-0-0-0
Nov. 21, 2018: REG 2 at KEL 3
2019-2019 Season Series vs Moose Jaw Warriors: 0-1-0-0
Jan. 16, 2019: MJ 5 at KEL 1
Players to watch
- Forward Jadon Joseph is a former Pat and Warrior. The 20-year-old was acquired from Moose Jaw back on November 24th.
- Jake Lee scored the Rockets lone goal in their loss against the ICE. The defenceman has 13 points (3G, 10A) in 27 games this season
- Twenty-year-old Austin Pratt leads the Pats in scoring with 24 points (11G, 13A) in 28 games.
- Regina traded for forward Carson Denomie earlier this season. In 11 games with the Pats, the forward has two goals and six assists.
- Winger Brandon Tracey was drafted 29th overall by the Anaheim Ducks at the 2019 NHL Draft in June. He has 31 points in 19 games since returning to the Warriors from Anaheim.
- Ryder Korczak, the younger brother of Rockets defenceman Kaedan Korczak, is a Warrior now. The 17-year-old leads the Warriors in points with 34 in 27 games played.
- Former Rockets Kyle Crosbie, Kobe Mohr, Cayde Augustine and Libor Zabransky play for the Warriors now.
The Rockets will return home to host the Vancouver Giants on Wednesday for the Winmar Hockey and Winter Gear Drive. Fans are asked to bring new or used mittens, toques, gloves, jackets and hockey gear to donate. Tickets are on sale at selectyourtickets.com, at the Prospera Place box office or by phone at 250-762-5050.