PREVIEW: Oil Kings @ Moose Jaw Warriors 11.18.23
EDMONTON OIL KINGS (6-13-0-1) @ MOOSE JAW WARRIORS (12-9-0-1) – NOVEMBER 18, 2023 – MOOSE JAW EVENTS CENTRE – 6:00 PM
2023-24 Schedule vs. Moose Jaw Warriors
Friday, Nov 3 @ Edmonton (7-5 EDM)
Saturday, Nov 18 @ Moose Jaw
Sunday, Dec 3 @ Edmonton
Tuesday, Feb 6 @ Moose Jaw
2023-24 vs. Moose Jaw: 1-0-0-0 Home: 1-0-0-0 Away: 0-0-0-0 PP: 1/2 (50.0%) PK: 2/6 (66.7%)
2022-23 vs. Moose Jaw: 1-3-0-0 Home: 1-1-0-0 Away: 0-2-0-0 PP: 2/16 (12.5%) PK: 5/15 (66.7%)
Tonight marks the second of four meetings between these two Clubs this season.
The Oil Kings took the season series opener by a score of 7-5 just over two weeks ago at Rogers Place in a wild back-and-forth affair. In the win, the Oil Kings were led by the first career WHL hat-trick from Skyler Bruce, along with goals from Marshall Finnie, Cole Miller, Marc Lajoie and Rilen Kovacevic. Gavin Hodnett chipped in with three assists as well. Brayden Yager had a pair of goals for the Warriors, while Jagger Firkus tallied three points with a goal and two assists.
All-time, these two Clubs have met 61 times in the regular season with the Oil Kings holding a record of 29-21-8-3.
The Oil Kings come in off 5-2 loss last night in Brandon to the Wheat Kings.
In the loss, the Oil Kings got goals from Nathan Pilling and Gavin Hodnett while Kolby Hay made 30 saves in the losing effort in what was his third straight start. The Oil Kings went 0-for-3 on the power play snapping their streak of seven straight games with a PP goal.
The Warriors come in off a 3-2 loss last night in Saskatoon to the Blades where a late game rally came up a goal short as they entered the third period of the game down 3-0 but were able to crawl to within one thanks to goals from Atley Calvert and Denton Mateychuk. The Warriors have now lost four of their past six games.
- D Carter Kowalyk is 2 games away from 100 career games.
- F John Szabo is 2 games away from 100 career games.
- F Nathan Pilling is 2 games away from 100 career games.
- G Kolby Hay is 54 saves away from passing Torrie Jung for 4th most saves in franchise history.
- G Kolby Hay is 3 wins away from passing Dylan Myskiw and Torrie Jung for 5th most wins in franchise history.
- D Carter Kowalyk, upper-body, month-to-month (Games missed: 19).
- F Aidan Litke, upper-body, season ending (Games missed: 10).
- D Rhys Pederson, lower-body, month-to-month (Games missed: 5).
- F Rilen Kovacevic, upper-body, week-to-week (Games missed: 2).
- D Ethan MacKenzie, upper-body, TBD (Games missed: 1).
- F Adam Jecho, lower-body, TBD (Games missed: 1).
- F Gavin Hodnett is on a 3-game point streak (1g-3a-4pts).
- D Marc Lajoie is on a 3-game point streak (1g-2a-3pts).
- F John Szabo is on a 2-game point streak (1g-2a-3pts).
- F Cole Miller is on a 2-game point streak (1g-1a-2pts).
- F Nathan Pilling is on a 2-game point streak (1g-1a-2pts).
- F Adam Jecho is on a 2-game assist/point streak (1g-2a-3pts).
- F Rilen Kovacevic has 10 goals in his last 15 games.
- F Skyler Bruce has 11 points (7G, 4A) in his last 11 games.
- F Gavin Hodnett has 10 points (1G, 9A) in his last 9 games.
- F Roan Woodward has 6 points (2G, 4A) in his last 9 games.
- F Nathan Pilling has 6 points (4G, 2A) in his last 9 games.
- F Cole Miller has 7 points (2G, 5A) in his last 8 games.
- D Marc Lajoie has 6 points (3G, 3A) in his last 7 games.
- F Adam Jecho has 8 points (3G, 5A) in his last 7 games.