The Spokane Chiefs are a developmental junior hockey team competing in the Western Hockey League. The owners of the Chiefs also own and operate the Spokane Indians Baseball Team (MiLB Single-A).
The Sponsorship & Promotions Internship provides an excellent opportunity to learn about the industry and become a part of the Brett Sports organization. Over 25% of the Spokane Chiefs’ front office staff began their careers in sports as an intern within Brett Sports!
The Sponsorship & Promotions Intern will be advised and learn directly from the Vice President of Sponsorships, Director of Promotions, Director of Public/Media Relations and other Spokane Chiefs front office staff members. Interns will gain hands-on experience in the areas of marketing, promotions, sponsorship, public relations, game management and customer service.
- Learn about the execution of sponsorship elements and promotions throughout the Chiefs season. Such activities include:
- Setup and maintenance of on-ice and traffic-driving promotions
- Game day promotion execution and follow-up
- Coordination of entry forms, prizes and contestants
- Proof-of-performance asset management
- Gain hands-on experience with Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) in production of game day program and other marketing materials.
- Experience event production and planning, including concourse/event set-up and promotional preparation.
- Learn about digital asset management, web content management, branding guidelines and corporate partner relationship management.
- Assist with community outreach, including fan activities, player appearances, events and non-profit requests.
- Obtain Spokane Chiefs’ customer service and training techniques to provide the best customer service possible to all fans at Spokane Arena.
- Attend sponsorship and promotional meetings, with opportunity to fully participate, submit feedback and ask questions.
- Weekly opportunities to sit down with Spokane Chiefs’ executive management (VP Business Operations, VP Marketing, President, etc.) for question-and-answer sessions geared toward the intern’s ultimate career goals.
- HAVE FUN!
Position Schedule & Time Commitment
“First half” internships are filled during the mid-late summer and go from mid-September through the end of the December. “Second half” positions run from January through the end of the season (late March), plus playoffs.
Interns gain experience on both game days and non-game days. Daily time commitment will vary based on the Chiefs’ game schedule.
Internships are paid hourly.
Qualifications & Pre-requisites
The primary qualifications for internships with the Spokane Chiefs are: enthusiasm, reliability, friendliness, work ethic, attention to detail, ability to think critically and an interest in a career in the sports industry. We are seeking aspiring professionals who are interested in learning and being part of a team. College students are preferred to be of junior standing or higher but not required. Must have reliable transportation and availability for all home games for the duration of the internship.
Other preferred qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of sports, with knowledge of hockey beneficial
- Experience setting up or executing live events (sports, concerts, festivals, etc.)
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and/or familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
Sponsorship & Promotions Internship Application
We appreciate your interest in an internship with the Spokane Chiefs. Please complete the following application to be considered. Go Chiefs Go!