All Dinner Meetings are at the Royal Canadian Legion 52-425 Lansdowne Street, Kamloops, BC
INTRODUCING THE BLAZERS BOOSTER CLUB
The Blazers Booster Club membership is composed of Kamloops hockey fans who join together out of love of hockey and in support of the Kamloops Blazers.
Booster Club Membership
A small annual membership fee (currently single $15.00, family $20.00) allows members to attend monthly meetings.
- The meetings take place after a Booster Club dinner and the charge for a full dinner, including coffee, tea and dessert is $20.00. Beer and wine may be purchased per serving.
- Members are encouraged to bring guests. Members may attend the meetings without purchasing a meal.
- The Booster Club dinner meetings are held at the Royal Canadian Legion, on Lansdowne Street or Kamloops Curling Club, on Victoria Street, depending on the occasion. Meetings are usually held the first Monday of the month.
- Most monthly dinner meetings include a guest speaker with a connection to the Blazers, sport and community.
- Booster members like to play! We play 50/50 draws and have door prizes. The many laughs and jabs are included at no charge.
- Craft sales and other fundraisers take place at Club dinners.
- Meetings are never scheduled on a night when the Blazers are playing a home game.
- No meetings are held in January as the weather is unpredictable, nor July as members are busy enjoying the summer.
Booster Club Events and Projects
- Christmas Hamper – One of the major projects of the Booster Club is our Christmas hamper project. The Club purchases food for our less fortunate families to ensure they have a happy Christmas. The Club raises funds during our meetings and other activities for this worthwhile project.
- Pizza Night with the Blazers and coaches – Each fall, the Club hosts a special Pizza Night dinner. The Blazers and coaches attend and introduce themselves to their most dedicated supporters. Only paid up members may attend at no charge.
- Special seasonal dinners – During the Christmas season and the Easter season we have a dinner with the coaches and players.
- These meetings are for members only, and always a fun evening with the team.
- Booster members like to play! During the Christmas meeting, we play “Turkey Raffle.” During the Easter meeting, we play “Ham Raffle.”
- Teddy Bear Event – Members help with the sorting of “Teddy Bears” and their distribution within Kamloops.
- Blazer Alumni Golf Tournament – Club members are often asked to volunteer for or play in the tournament.
- Parades – The Booster Club participates in the Santa Christmas Parade through the streets of Kamloops.
- Training Camp Bar-B-Que/Family Hospitality Area – The Booster Club hosts a Training Camp Bar-B-Que, usually the evening before camp opens. Boosters are busy serving ‘burgers and dogs’ to the players, coaches and parents. A great way to meet new and veteran players, parents and Blazer staff. The Club also hosts a Family Hospitality Area during camp.
- Booster Club Road Trips – The Booster Club organizes bus trips to various Blazer Road games.
- Summer Golf – Booster Club golfers organize/meet during the summer for some friendly games, with dinner or lunch afterwards.
MEMBERSHIPS MAY BE PURCHASED AT THE BOOSTER CLUB BOOTH LOCATED IN THE SANDMAN CENTRE (MAIN ENTRANCE).
– September 11, Royal Canadian Legion
– October 2, Royal Canadian Legion
– November 6, Kamloops Curling Club. Craft, Bake Sale
and Silent Auction
– December 4, Kamloops Curling Club. Christmas Party
With players and coaches.
Pizza Night Oct. 3. Kia Lounge. Sandman Centre
Santa Claus Parade Nov 26. Downtown Kamloops
Teddy Bear Night Dec. 1. Sandman Centre
Teddy Bear Sorting Dec. 2. Sandman Centre
MEMBERSHIPS MAY BE PURCHASED AT THE BOOSTER CLUB BOOTH LOCATED IN THE SANDMAN CENTER. (MAIN ENTRANCE)