Employment Opportunity: Head Athletic Therapist
Monday August 9, 2021
The Sarnia Sting, of the Ontario Hockey League announce the opportunity for a Head Athletic Therapist, reporting to the General Manager & Head Coach.
The position of Head Athletic Therapist will assist in developing premier athletes into successful people with committed to excellence on and off the ice as a member of the Ontario Hockey League. Extensive interaction with coaches, staff, players and other rink employees is required of this position. Expected responsibilities are to be taken care of at all practices and games. The position would be effective immediately. This role will be based out of Sarnia, Ontario.
- Support premier student-athletes in development on and off the ice.
- Responsible for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries and illness suffered by athletes of the Sarnia Sting Organization.
- Responsible for updating and communicating with General Manager and Coaching Staff regarding player injuries, conditions, and recovery.
- Provide first aid and emergency care services to athletes.
- Design rehabilitation programs for athletes, assist and monitor injured players as they heal and progress towards recovery.
- Refer athletes to team doctors or other medical staff members.
- Assist with the coordination and arrangement of player appointments with doctors, dentist, and chiropractors.
- Maintain records related to athletes condition, training, and treatment plans.
- Responsible for filing and processing insurance documents.
- Handle inventory ordering, maintenance, and restocking of supplies.
- Assist with game day preparation.
- Represent the Sarnia Sting at various community and team functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills needed to develop and maintain positive, respectful relationships with all members of the Sarnia Sting organization. Adhere to our Core Values and Mission Statement.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and the ability to travel internationally
- The successful applicant must complete a full background screen.
ABILITIES & SKILLS:
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with strong interpersonal and communication skills with management, league officials, facility representatives, fellow employees, and the general public.
- Familiarity with all standard athletic training equipment, included but not limited to ultrasound therapy machines, electrical stimulation therapy machines, hydrotherapy tanks, and microcurrent stim therapy machines.
- Detail oriented.
- Analyze and solve problems independently.
- Work in high intensity, competitive, and deadline driven environment.
- Understand, adhere and enforce safety procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, etc).
- Bachelor’s degree in athletic training or a related field from an accredited university; Master’s degree is preferred
- Must be recognized by the CATA as a Certified Athletic Trainer.
- One to Two (1-2) years of experience as a Certified Athletic Trainer, with a preference for hockey related experience.
- Emergency Cardiac Care Certification
- License in Massage Therapy preferred
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
Application deadline is Wednesday August 18th, 2021
Please contact General Manager, Dylan Seca at [email protected]