Over 1,200 Fans in Attendance to Cheer on Petes in Port Hope
On Monday, September 4 a sold out crowd of over 1,200 were in attendance at the Jack Burger Sports Complex in Port Hope, ON, to cheer on the Peterborough Petes as they hosted the Oshawa Generals in OHL Preseason action. The Generals won the game by a score of 5-3.
The game was the first of three Petes preseason home games to be held at local arenas with the other two taking place in Norwood and Millbrook on September 23, and 24.
Chase Lefebvre led the way for the Petes, scoring twice. Tommy Purdeller also scored, while Connor Lockhart and Jonathan Melee both picked up an assist. Carson Cameron and Dylan Woulds also had an assist each, picking up their first points in a Petes jersey. Michael Simpson stopped 19/23 through two, while Easton Rye made six saves on seven shots in the third period.
- Oshawa Goal – Owen Griffin (1), Assist – Luca Marrelli (1)
- Peterborough Goal – Tommy Purdeller (1), Assists – Connor Lockhart (1), Dylan Woulds (1)
- Oshawa Power Play Goal – Tyler Graham (2), Assists – Luca Marrelli (2), Owen Griffin (1)
- Peterborough Goal – Chase Lefebvre (1), Unassisted
- Oshawa Goal – Beckett Sennecke (2), Assist – Dylan Roobroeck (1)
- Oshawa Goal – Owen Griffin (2), Assist – Stuart Rolofs (1)
- Peterborough Power Play Goal – Chase Lefebvre (2), Assists – Jonathan Melee (1), Carson Cameron (1)
- Oshawa Goal – Dylan Roobroeck (1), Unassisted
The Petes continue their preseason on Friday, September 8 when they travel to Sudbury to take on the Wolves. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. at the Sudbury Community Arena. Fans can follow the action on the Petes Twitter Page.