JOIN OUR TEAM: Ticket Sales Internship
Position: Intern, Ticket Sales
Posting Date: September 5th, 2023
Duration: September – April 2024 Contract type: Full Time, Unpaid
Application Deadline: September 19th, 2023
Proposed Interview Dates: September 5th-September 29th
The Oshawa Generals Hockey Club is looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for sports, sales, multi-marketing, and ticketing who is interested in gaining experience in the business side of the sports industry.
The successful candidate will improve their skills, have the opportunity to develop and execute their own ideas, learn to sell and service clients, create contacts in the sports industry, and experience a professional sports setting.
Description of Organization
The Oshawa Generals Hockey Club is a member of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) and Canadian Hockey League. Established in 1937, the Oshawa Generals are an integral part of the Oshawa and Durham Region community.
The positive development of hockey players both on and off the ice is our focus, giving the players outstanding facilities and coaches to master their craft while being key members of the community. A winning attitude runs deep within the Generals organization having won 13 OHL Championships and 5 Memorial Cups.
The Ticket Sales Intern will assist in the timely, accurate and thorough fulfillment on ticket sales and group packages and ensure the complete satisfaction of its customers. Duties will require the Ticket Sales Intern to participate, as needed, in cold calling groups, businesses and clubs for group tickets, researching leads, and managing timelines and deadlines, other duties include but are not limited to:
• Promoting and selling birthday packages, 7th Skater, Future Stars, School Choirs, Group Ticket packages, etc.
• Ensuring the thorough execution of all above packages and more on game day
• Organize ticket fundraising and charity programs.
• Tracking sales and contacts through Excel.
• Collaborate with multiple departments in the organization.
• Prospect and canvas local and national businesses/schools/organizations for ticketing opportunities.
• Set up face-to-face meetings with prospective clientele.
• Assist the Ticket Sales Department in all areas including service, fulfillment and execution of special events, packages, and game day responsibilities.
• Attend all home games for the duration of their internship.
• Make cold calls and deliveries from provided lists to customers.
• A working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is a MUST
• Willing to work weekdays and all home games (some evenings and weekends)
• Excellent writing, phone, and interpersonal skills
• Interest in hockey industry is not necessary but preferred
• Ability to manage timelines and meet deadlines
• Strong work ethic, enthusiasm and sense of accountability and professionalism
• Experience working with team members to see projects from conception to completion
• Some physical demands are involved, i.e. moving boxes, setting up tables, etc.
If you are interested in this immersive learning, personal growth and networking opportunity in the sports industry please send a resume and cover letter to:
Manager, Ticket Sales
The Oshawa Generals are an equal rights employer that is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the community of Oshawa. Worried you don’t meet every single requirement? At the Oshawa Generals, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.