Weekend Preview – Nov 6 & 7
Here’s what you need to know coming into this weekend…
The Colts take on the Sudbury Wolves on Friday, November 6th at 7pm and then head out to Sault Ste. Marie to take on the Greyhounds on Saturday, November 7th at 7pm. Heading into the weekend, the Colts are 9-6-0-0.
Barrie Colts vs. Sudbury Wolves (5-10-1-0)
- Friday’s game will be the second of eight meetings between the two teams this season, on top of their two pre-season meetings. In their pre-season meetings, the Colts and Wolves split their two games they played, each grabbing a win. So far this season, the Colts have won their only contest against the Wolves, winning 7-2 in Barrie on Saturday, October 24th.
- Last season, the Colts won all 8 games against the Wolves, scoring 53 goals in 8 games and only giving up 22 goals in that time.
- Sudbury currently sits 12th in the league with a 16.7% power play at home, and the Colts sit 6th in the league with an 87.9% penalty kill on the road.
- Dylan Sadowy leads the Wolves with 17 points from 9 goals and 8 assists.
- The Wolves are 3-5-1-0 at home, while the Colts are 5-2-0-0 on the road.
Barrie Colts vs. Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (6-8-2-0)
- Sunday’s game will be the first of two meetings between the two teams this season.
- Last season, the Greyhounds swept the season series between the two teams, winning 8-3 and 4-3 over the Colts.
- Sault Ste. Marie currently sits 17th in the league with a 12.8% power play at home, and the Colts sit 6th in the league with an 87.9% penalty kill on the road.
- Zachary Senychyn leads the Greyhounds with 13 points from 10 goals and 3 assists.
- The Greyhounds are 4-5-1-0 at home, while the Colts are 5-2-0-0 on the road
- 5 Colts have 15 or more points (Mangiapane, Labanc, Nattinen, Scott, Radke)
- Andrew Mangiapane leads the team with 23 points with 11 goals and 12 assists
- Matt Brassard and Zachary Magwood lead Colts rookies in points with 1 goal and 1 assist each
- Mackenzie Blackwood is 9-5 this season and has a 0.926 save percentage.
- Milestone alerts:
- Justin Scott will be playing in his 200th career OHL game on Friday vs. the Wolves.
- As of Sunday, November 1st, Andrew Mangiapane has 100 career assists with the Colts.
- Cordell James enters the weekend with 48 career OHL points.
- Kevin Labanc enters the weekend with 48 career OHL goals.