Weekend Preview – Nov 14 & 15
Here’s you need to know coming into the weekend…
The Colts take on the Saginaw Spirit on Saturday, November 14th at the Barrie Molson Centre, and then go on the road and head up to North Bay on Sunday, November 15th to take on the Battalion.
Saginaw Spirit (8-8-1-1) vs. Barrie Colts
- Saturday’s game will be the first of two meetings between the two teams this season, with both games coming within eight days of each other.
- Last season, the Colts swept the season series, grabbing wins in both meetings, winning 3-1 and 6-4.
- Saginaw currently sits 17th in the league for their power play on the road. Through 8 away games, they are 13.3% on the power play. They are also 80.0% on the penalty kill for their away games, putting them at 11th in the league. The Colts sit 2nd in the league with a 93.3% penalty kill at home, and 14th in the league with a 15.4% power play at home.
- San Jose prospect, Dylan Sadowy leads the Spirit with 17 points. Through 14 games, Sadowy has 9 goals and 8 assists.
- Saginaw rookie, Markus Niemelainen leads Spirit rookies with 13 points off of 13 assists.
- The Spirit are currently 3-4-0-1 when playing on the road, while the Colts are 4-4-0-0 when playing at home.
Barrie Colts vs. North Bay Battalion (7-8-1-1)
- Sunday’s game will be the first of six meetings between the two teams this season.
- Last season, the Colts and Battalion split their regular season meetings, with each team grabbing three wins. The Battalion ended up taking the playoff series in 5 games, knocking the Colts out of the playoffs in the second round.
- North Bay has a 15% power play when playing at home, going 6 for 38 so far this season. North Bay’s penalty kill at home is good enough for 11th in the league, going 82.4%. The Colts currently sit second in the league with a 26.2% power play on the road, and are third in the league with a 90.9% penalty kill on the road.
- Los Angeles prospect, Mike Amadio leads the Battalion with 18 points. Through 17 games, Amadio has 8 goals and 10 assists.
- North Bay rookie, Cam Dineen, leads Battalion rookies with 9 points from 1 goal and 8 assists.
- The Battalion are currently 5-4-0-0 when playing at home this season, while the Colts are 7-2-0-0 on the road.
- 5 Colts have 15 or more points (Mangiapane, Labanc, Nattinen, Scott, Radke)
- Andrew Mangiapane leads the team with 25 points with 12 goals and 13 assists
- Justin Murray leads Colts rookies with 3 assists.
- Mackenzie Blackwood is 11-5 this season with a 2.37 GAA and 0.930 save percentage. He also has two assists and two shutouts so far.
- Milestone alerts**
- As of Saturday, November 7th, Kevin Labanc reached 50 career OHL goals with the Colts.
- Justin Scott enters the weekend with 99 career OHL points.
- Cordell James enters the weekend with 49 career OHL points.
- Michael Webster enters the weekend with 48 career OHL assists.