The Barrie Colts Foundation Donates $131,500 to Local Charities
Before the puck drop on Thursday night, the Barrie Colts welcomed 16 local charities for a special presentation to thank all the fans who support the 50/50 draws at Colts games.
The Barrie Colts Foundation donated $131,500.00 to local charities last year from the proceeds raised by the 50/50 draws.
“We often get asked where the money goes that is raised so we wanted to not only show everyone exactly who benefited from the donations, but also to publicly thank our fans. They are the ones who are responsible for raising these funds and supporting these amazing organizations who do so much in our community’ said Howie Campbell, President of the OHL Barrie Colts.
Joining Howie Campbell and Jim Payetta from the Barrie Colts on the ice was Dylan Gervais (honorary Coach for the Night), and the following guests representing each of the organizations who received donations:
- From Alzheimer Society of Simcoe County, Ann-Marie Kungle
- From Habitat for Humanity Huronia, Debbie Savic
- From Gilda’s Club Simcoe Muskoka, Greg Harbridge
- From the Women’s & Children’s Shelter of Barrie, Harley Marleau
- From Candlelighters Simcoe, Shannon Rankka
- From Glowing Hearts, Sarah Fleming
- From the Salvation Army Bayside Mission Centre, Bruce Shirran
- From the Seasons Centre for Grieving Children, Mike Cowden
- From the Barrie Food Bank, Sharon Palmer
- From the Sharing Place Food Centre, Alisdair McCulloch
- From the RVH Foundation, Al Gilchrist
- From Easter Seals Ontario, Theresa Kerr
- From IOOF Seniors Home Inc, Elyse Martin
- From Big Brothers Big Sisters of Barrie & District, Bre LeFeuvr
- From Empower Simcoe, Claudine Cousins
- From Youth Haven, Lucy Gowers
More info about the Barrie Colts Foundation, click here.