Brantford Bulldogs Communications/Community Relations Internship
The participant will work under the direction of the Communications Manager and assist in all activities related to media relations and community relations.
The ideal timeline would be for a student to commit 20hrs per week from September to March. If a full 7- month internship is not possible, we will consider 4-month placements as well.
The intern will obtain various skills as we strive to provide hands-on day to day experience in a sports organization. We take great pride in coaching and mentoring our interns and have seen a number of them accept full time positions after completing school.
• Planning community and partner related strategic communications
• Work with media and scouts on game nights
• Setup and manage press box
• Compiling statistics for game packs and media notes
• Assist marketing with social media and promote brand development
• Assist with updates for website and social media – feature player articles
• Assist with local media to arrange interviews with Bulldogs players/coaches
• Create ideas to enhance media coverage (Audio, TV, Podcasts)
• Represent Bulldogs at community appearances
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• An Enrolled undergraduate or graduate level student pursuing a degree in communications, broadcasting or related field
• Strong creative, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Basic understanding of Photoshop is an asset
• Experience in sports and/or retail preferred, but not necessary
• Ability to problem solve under pressure
• Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends
What will you learn?
• Fan engagement principles
• Email marketing
• Driving a social media strategy and helping to develop a voice and tone.
• Photoshop, inputting information and outputting graphics in different formats, some image editing
• Developing a social content calendar
• Understanding of specific analytical information and how to use it.
• Construct unique ideas while working towards business objectives directly with internal groups including Ticket sales, corporate, content and game-day.
• How to interact with customers on game nights, including assisting with in-game activations/receptions and pre and post-game fan experiences
• Learn how to provide excellent customer service via all portals of communication including phone, email, and face-to-face meetings.
Note: Unpaid internships with the Brantford Bulldogs are available for current post-secondary students who require Intern or Co-op placement hours for the completion of their accredited postsecondary degree or diploma program. There is an opportunity to receive an honorarium upon completion of an internship.
Please email resumes to [email protected] with the subject line “Your Name – Communications Internship” . Only those retained for an interview will be contacted.