Barber Poles host Troops in back half of exhibition split
After a 7-2 preseason win in North Bay, Wednesday night, the Ottawa 67’s will look to make it three straight exhibition wins, Saturday afternoon, with those same Troops in town.
The Barber Poles play host to those same Battalion inside The Arena at TD Place, with puck drop slated for 3:00 pm ET. Tickets are free, with fans encouraged to pay what they can via donation to the OSEG Foundation, benefitting youth in the Ottawa region. For info on the pre and post game festivities, fans can check HERE.
After falling into a 2-0 hole early on Wednesday night, the 67’s stormed back with seven unanswered goals — and five in the third period — to secure the victory. Luca Pinelli got the scoring started, followed by a tying marker from Frankie Marrelli, before Will Gerrior, Tuomas Uronen, Gavin Ewles, Kimi Körbler, and Brady Stonehouse produced the final-frame onslaught. Max Donoso was in net for the road side, making 23 saves.
For the Battalion, it was their first game of the preseason schedule. Anthony Romani, and Justin Artel scored early, with Charlie Robertson in net, stopping 30 of 37 shots.
- It’s been a productive preseason for Tuomas Uronen, as the Vegas Golden Knights prospect has scored two goals and an assist in a pair of games.
- Uronen, Körbler, Nic Whitehead, and Charlie Hilton have all scored their first goals as 67’s during the exhibition schedule.
- The 67’s are 2/6 on the powerplay during the preseason.
- This is Ottawa’s first preseason game at TD Place since September 29, 2021: a 4-3 loss to the Kingston Frontenacs. Matthew Mayich had an assist in the effort.
- This is the lone preseason game on home ice for the 67’s, who will host the Kingston Frontenacs in Pembroke on September 23.