NOW HIRING: Manager, Game Day Operations, Ticketing & Community Events
Position: Manager, Game Day Operations, Ticketing & Community Events
Department: Business Operations
Reports to: General Manager, Business Operations
ABOUT THE CAPE BRETON EAGLES HOCKEY CLUB:
The Cape Breton Eagles Major Junior Hockey Club is Cape Breton’s premier sports and entertainment experience that connects our fans to their passions. Located in Sydney, Nova Scotia, the Eagles have operated out of Centre 200 since its inception in 1997. The Cape Breton Eagles are committed to providing our community with a championship organization that is recognized for being best in class and having a commitment to the overall fan experience. We further strive to establish ourselves as an integral asset to Cape Breton Island, honouring Cape Breton history, tradition, and culture.
The Manager, Game Day Operations is responsible for the management and execution of all tangible aspects of Cape Breton Eagles home games. This person will direct all gameday activations while effectively communicating with event staff, other departments within the Eagles organization, and the QMJHL. This person will work alongside the Manager, Content Creation & Marketing to oversee all facets of production and scoreboard operations during games. This person will work alongside the Manager, Ticket & Retail sales to promote sales and acknowledge fans in-game. This person will also oversee and follow through on community events and engagement, overseeing the ticket holder renewal program, ticket sales campaign & group sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned as needed)
- Oversee all aspects of game presentation to enhance fan’s game-day experience and fulfill sponsorship game elements.
- Write scripts for the production team, PA announcers, in-arena hosts, promotions, and interactive elements.
- Produce and direct live events integrating all production elements (graphics, lighting, music, video, PA, in-bowl, and on-ice entertainment, etc.)
- Assist the General Manager, Business Operations in the building and execution of the Cape Breton Eagles promotional calendar for each season.
- Work with the Manager, Content Creation & Marketing to create and oversee graphic and video content displayed at games including working with local production teams and multiple departments on creative needs to ensure the best product during game presentation.
- Manager the executing of ticketing and campaigns for sales promotions through visual assets and interactive experiences, plus the acknowledgment of group sales, birthday parties, and fans during every home game.
- Generate new ideas and execute intermission games, sponsorship activations, and deliverables.
- Manage game night ice/promotions crew to ensure requirements are met, including keeping track of payment for all game night staff.
- Meet with all necessary members of Cape Breton Eagles and Centre 200 staff to determine details of upcoming game nights and ensure needs are met while keeping fan experience at the forefront.
- Provide production, operational, and technological support to the Game Presentation department during all Cape Breton Eagles home games and scheduled events.
- Will act as a liaison between the game/event Producer to set up and cue part-time Eagles Promo Team, in-game host, and other talent for live promotional opportunities and intermission activities that occur throughout the game.
- Assist in making sure that all pre-game, in-game, and post-game entertainment elements occur promptly at their pre-designated time and are executed accurately.
- Work closely and communicate with League off-ice officials and Cape Breton Eagles hockey operations team, including the reporting of game attendance and statistics after each home game.
- Will act as a liaison between the community at large for event appearances, donations, and in-game activations.
- Maintain the cleanliness and inventory of the press box, video and sound rooms, and game day storage areas.
- Execute on results from annual Fan Engagement Survey.
- Require to lean basic concepts related to season seat renewal using our ticketing software Ticket Master
- Oversee and help coordinate the season seat renewal, ticket sales campaign, group sales
- Diagnose and solve all ticketing needs as they arise
- Customer service
- Ability to work under high pressure while establishing, promoting, and maintaining a positive working attitude.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be creative and forward-thinking to bring our in-game experience to the next level.
- Must be a hard-working and outgoing professional who can take initiative and be directed.
- Must be able to work calmly and collectively under pressure situations for long periods of time.
- University degree or equivalent experience working in a related field.
- Must have a keen sense of confidentiality.
- Must be highly organized, multi-task oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Initiative-taking with a positive service-oriented attitude.
- Flexible schedule – will require varied office hours during the week with games on weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- 50% Employer-paid Health Benefits Plan
- Flexible and hybrid work model
- Cape Breton Eagles season tickets for immediate household family members
- On-site parking
- Social team culture
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Friday, September 22nd, 2023 at 5:00PM AST
HOW TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
NOTE: Only those successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Cape Breton Eagles! Those moving forward in the process will be contacted by a member of our team. The Cape Breton Eagles organization is committed to being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. It is required that the successful applicant disclose their vaccination status and provide proof of their full COVID-19 vaccination.
The Cape Breton Eagles strive to create a workplace that is inclusive and fair. We value unique perspectives, ideas, and creativity that support an inclusive, respectful, collaborative, and fun work environment. The Cape Breton Eagles organization is committed to building and supporting a diverse team.