Job Opportunity: Manager of Corporate Partnerships – CCMC, Representing the Canadian Hockey League
Manager of Corporate Partnerships – CCMC, Representing the Canadian Hockey League
DEPARTMENT: CHL Properties
POSITION: Manager of Corporate Partnerships
REPORTS TO: Director of Corporate Partnerships
SUMMARY: The Manager of Corporate Partnerships is primarily responsible for managing the relationship and marketing activations for the CHL’s corporate partners. This individual will work as part of an integrated team to fulfill all aspects of their clients’ sponsorship portfolio. This individual will provide superior client service to help partners generate powerful marketing programs at a local, regional and national level.
- Manage all assigned partner relationships; execution of all contract deliverables, including but not limited to season-long programs, game-day assets, media programming
- Manage partner budgets and supplier / vendor relationships
- Responsible for individual and team projects supporting the department’s marketing plan
- Develop specific client service plans for each assigned corporate partner account; develop strategic marketing initiatives that support and enhance partner business objectives
- Develop and customize year-end summaries for CHL partners at the national and regional levels.
- Work with other departments to maximize cross-selling opportunities, develop new and existing properties and share new ideas.
- Attend weekly meetings to review corporate partner fulfillment status, opportunities, new programs and department goals and objectives
- Assist with some game operations, event management, and hospitality for League and special events.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Corporate Partnerships.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary degree in marketing, communications, sports management or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in the sports industry, preferably in the areas of client service or marketing
- Candidates with prior sponsorship experience will be strongly considered
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong understanding of marketing concepts, corporate sponsorship and client service
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be well organized and demonstrate an ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to build and foster strong working relationships
- Successful candidate will possess a high proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work some nights, weekends and holidays as needed. May be required to travel for the month of November and May.
- Must have access to a car and a valid driver’s license.
- Being Bilingual in English and French is considered an asset
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter no later than Wednesday July 12th at 5:00 PM ET to: Christina Sloan firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.