Internship Opportunity – Digital Engagement
Internship Opportunity – Digital Engagement Intern
REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager, Digital
LOCATION: 305 Milner Ave, Scarborough Ontario
TERM: January 2019 – April 2019
The CHL Digital Engagement Intern will play an integral role in the day to day digital activities of the CHL. This includes managing the CHL’s fan engagement platform, creating recurring analytics reports, and assisting with digital partner initiatives. This role will also assist with projects involving mobile apps, live streaming and CHL National Events. The position will require an adaptable team member who can think quickly and problem solve in a fast paced environment.
Main Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Act as the primary stakeholder for the CHL’s Fan Engagement Platform “CHL Fanbase”. This includes updating content, working with the development partner, and creating and running contests and features throughout the season.
- Produce weekly and monthly analytics reports for the CHL and each regional league highlighting overall metrics along with highlights for each league for that time period.
- Assist with the administration and infrastructure upkeep of the CHL Network of Websites.
- Assist with page and creative content on the CHL and National Event Websites.
- Manage day to day aspects of partner initiatives such CIBC Showdown and CHL Predictor.
- Assist with stats set-up for national events including roster creation and online scoring set-up.
- Assist with creation of graphics for internal promotions and house ads.
- Assist with ad serving needs including house and promotional ads, broadcast ads, and partner initiatives.
- Assist with management of internal communication system for players and parents.
- Assist with special projects including live streaming and mobile apps.
- All other duties approved by supervisor.
- Working toward a Bachelor’s degree in Digital Media, Digital Marketing, New Media, Business Administration, Sports Administration, Communications, Web Design, or related undergraduate or graduate programs.
- Experience working on websites, specifically with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress).
- Design skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign considered an asset.
- Knowledge of analytics programs including Google Analytics considered an asset.
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to accuracy in all task, taking a proactive approach towards the elimination of errors.
- Ability to work effectively with other team members as well as function independently.
- Has the ability to work in a fast pace environment with autonomy and initiative.
- Strong communication skills, including both verbal and written skills. Bilingualism (English and French) considered an asset.
- Organized, reliable, and demonstrates a positive attitude.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter no later than Friday, November 30th, 2018 at 5:00 PM ET to:
Canadian Hockey League
305 Milner Avenue, Suite 201
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.