Employment Opportunity – Coordinator, Communications
Scarborough, ON – The Canadian Hockey League is the largest development hockey league in the world with 60 teams in nine Canadian provinces and four American states. The CHL is made up of the Western Hockey League, Ontario Hockey League and Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The Canadian Hockey League is requesting applications for the position of Coordinator, Communications.
Main Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to)
- Assist with content creation and general maintenance of chl.ca and National Event websites.
- Dedicated to raising the online profile of CHL partners and programs including but not limited to national television broadcasts, Rogers Hometown Hockey, and CHL Leaders.
- Contribute to the maintenance and elevation of CHL Social Media Accounts including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and explore the potential for new opportunities.
- Manage the weekly production of the CHL E-Newsletter.
- Provide post-event reports and analyze performance metrics for web and social media content.
- Assist the Director, Communications, with the organization of the media accreditation process and completed applications for all CHL national events.
- Assist the Director, Communications in creating a national communication calendar outline for all national events.
- Manage online scoring, rosters, stats for all CHL national events and improve archival accuracy.
- Assist with the compilation of player information, and completion of media and stats packages for all national events.
- Assist the Manager, Communications, with the collection of data for the Memorial Cup Media Guide and Record Book.
- Create online photo galleries of all national event action and maintain archived database.
- Assist with creation of weekly press releases for various CHL initiatives.
- Research, compile, and maintain national records and various CHL alumni lists.
- Assemble and organize assets and information for Hockey Canada events and NHL Draft.
- Assist with national broadcast partner requests and the circulation of assets.
- Assist with special projects and administrative duties as required.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary degree in marketing, communications, sports management or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have 2-3 years of experience in the sports industry, preferably in the areas of communications, journalism, marketing or event promotions.
- Must be well organized and demonstrate an ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer and mobile skills, including Microsoft Office and social media applications are essential.
- A skill set that includes strong leadership, organizational, problem solving, writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Being Bilingual in English and French is considered an asset.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume (including salary expectations) and cover letter no later than Friday, September 28th, 2018 at 5:00 PM ET to:
Paul Krotz, CHL Director of Communications
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.